How To Change Photo In Aadhar Card
Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique identification number issued to Indian citizens, replacing the earlier ration card system. Aadhaar was launched on 28 September 2009 by then President Pratibha Patil. The project aims at providing government services electronically and reducing corruption.
The Aadhaar card contains basic information about the holder including name, gender, date of birth, address, photograph, biometric data (fingerprints), iris scan, and demographic details. The card does not have any monetary value; however, it is linked to various subsidies and welfare schemes.
In order to change photo in aadhar card, follow these steps:-
- Step 1: Open the app “My Aadhaar” on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Click on “Change Photo” option.
- Step 3: Choose the image you want to upload.
- Step 4: Upload the image using the camera button.
- Step 5: After uploading the image, click on “Next”.
- Step 6: Enter the captcha code displayed on the screen.
- Step 7: Click on “Submit”.
- Step 8: You will receive a message confirming successful submission.
- Step 9: Your updated photo will appear on the screen.
Note: If you do not get the message after submitting the request, please try again later.