Mochi pancake (SWEET POTATO PANCAKE) is a popular Japanese dish that generally consists of sweet potatoes, rice, and egg. In this recipe, we will use sweet potato as the main ingredient, and the remaining ingredients will create a mochi-like texture. By combining these ingredients properly, you’ll have a fluffy pancake that is both sweet and savory.
1. Mochi Pancake is originated from Kyoto, Japan. Just like in the United States, this dish takes many forms and variations around the world.
2. In Japan, mochi pancake can be savory or sweet. Savory versions usually include ingredients such as salt, oil, and karashimo (coarsely grated daikon radish).
3. The sweet varieties usually contain mashed sweet potatoes as the main ingredient and are flavored with sugar, cinnamon, or nutmeg. Some popular variations include chocolate mochi pancake and strawberry mochi pancake.
Mochi pancake is a Japanese dessert typically made from sweet potato. Mochi is a type of rice flour dough which is traditionally boiled and then molded into various shapes, such as stars and hearts. The mixture is then deep fried and served with flavored syrups or ice cream.
Looking for a healthy, delicious snack? Try out mochi pancakes! Mochi is made from sweet potato and is stuffed with a variety of toppings, such as whipped coconut cream, maple syrup, or chia seeds. They’re especially good in the morning as a quick breakfast before starting your day
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews,
- roughly chopped (or preferred nuts)
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar, packed (light or brown)
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- cinnamon Pinch salt For the sweet potato pan cake:
- 2 medium size sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar,
- packed (light or dark) Pinch salt
- 1 cup all purpose enriched wheat flour or glutinous
- Japanese rice flour as needed Oil for the glaze
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce for garnishing
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds