This Oats carrot kheer recipe is perfect for a holidays or special occasion. This delicious and comforting dish is made with quinoa, oats, carrots, and sweetened with varying degrees of sugar to allow you to customize it to your liking. Kheer is an Indian dessert made from milk and sugar which is often chilled and served with fruits or ice cream. Traditionally, kheer recipes often call for complex flavors such as cardamom, nutmeg, mace, cloves, and ginger. Some similar variations include raisin kheer and strawberry kheer.
If you’re looking for an easy sweet and savory dish to make, look no further than oats carrot kheer. This recipe is a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional Indian sweets. It’s perfect for any time of year – warm during the winter, or cool during the summer – and it’s also gluten free, so everyone can enjoy it!
To make this dish, you’ll need:
• 1 cup cooked oatmeal
• 1/2 cup grated carrots
• 2 tablespoons raisins
• 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon ghee or melted butter
• 1/2 cup saffron threads (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with ghee or butter. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked oatmeal, carrots, raisins, cashews, cardamom, cloves, and cream. Mix well and set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar to a boil. Let it boil for about 5 minutes until it reaches a dark golden brown color. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly. Pour the caramel into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the ghee or melted butter on top of the caramel and bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until set firm when touched with a finger. Allow to cool completely before serving chilled or at room temperature. Serve with saffron threads if desired. Enjoy your yummy kheer recipe!