Purple Cabbage and Moong Daal Fry
The purple cabbage and moong daal fry combination is a fantastic way to get your daily dose of essential nutrients, like vitamin C, iron, and proteins. This dish is also low in calories and packed with flavor. You’ll need some ingredients to make this tasty dish: 1 purple or red cabbage, 2 tablespoons of Indian ghee or clarified butter, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 1 small onion or 3 green onions, 1 small carrot or ½ cup of chopped fresh frozen carrots, 3 cups of cooked moong daal (or risotto), salt, and black pepper to taste.
- 1 Purple Cabbage shredded
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Green Chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2-3 tbsp Yellow Split Lentils or Moong Daal soaked
- 2-3 slit Green Chillies
- 1 small bunch chopped Coriander Leaves
Begin by peeling and chopping the cabbage into thin strips. Melt the ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook for about 30 seconds until they start to pop. Add the chopped onion and carrots and Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Next add the cooked moong daal and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well to combine before serving hot garnished with green onions if desired.
What is Moong Daal Fry?
Moong Daal Fry is a common Indian dish made from moong daal, preparations of split black gram, and spices. It is a popular dish in northern India and can be served as an appetizer, main course, or side dish.
What is Purple Cabbage?
Purple cabbage is a type of cabbage that is used in South Asian recipes because it has a purple color and flavor. It can be cooked in a variety of ways, including as a side dish or in curries.
How do I make Moong Daal Fry?
To make Moong daal fry, you will need moong daal, split black gram, cumin seeds, garlic cloves, gingerroot, salt, and ground pepper. You will also need oil or ghee for frying and some masala sauce to season the dish. Follow these steps to make the dish:
- 1. soak the moong daal in water overnight or for at least 6 hours
- 2. wash the moong daal thoroughly and add it to a pot with 3 cups of water
- 3. bring the mixture to a boil and reduce it to a simmer
- 4. cook the moong daal until it is softened and FINALLY tender (usually takes around 30 minutes)
- 5. drain the water off of the moong daal and allow it to cool slightly before adding it to your spice mix bowl
- 6. add cumin seeds, garlic cloves, gingerroot, salt, and ground pepper to the bowl and stir well
- 7. heat oil or ghee in a large skillet over medium heat until hot enough to fry food
- 8. add the spice mix to the skillet andStir constantly until the mixture becomes fragrant
- 9. cook the moang daal mixture until it turns light brown in color (about 2-3 minutes)
- 10 .transfer the fryer to an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
11 .spread newspapers on the floor below so that any excess oil does not land on your furniture 12 . spreading halves of purple cabbage over each piece of fryer dough (bottom), place spoonfuls of masala sauce over each piece of cabbage (top), cover with more newspaper, then flip them over (top should now be facing up). Bake for 20-25 minutes until both sides are crispy! Enjoy!
What are some benefits of adding purple cabbage and moong daal to your diet?
If you’re looking for a hearty, yet healthy, meal, consider incorporating purple cabbage and moong daal into your diet. These two ingredients are loaded with important nutrients your Weed plants need to thrive. Here are a few benefits of including these two vegetables in your meal plan:
-Purple cabbage is high in vitamin C, which is important for plant growth and photosynthesis.
-Moong daal is rich in many essential minerals like magnesium, manganese, potassium, and phosphorus. These minerals help the plant absorb nutrients and create new growth.
-Both vegetables are low in calories and contain plenty of complex carbohydrates that will give you sustained energy throughout the day.
This is a listicle about purple cabbage and moong daal fry.
Purple cabbage and moong daal fry are a delicious Indian dish that can be prepared at home. This dish is made by coating moong daal in a batter and frying it until it is crispy. Then, you add some purple cabbage and serve it with homemade chutney or keema.