When it comes to delicious and nutritious meals, spinach is hard to beat. This humble leafy green can be stuffed with cheese for an incredibly tasty and healthy meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Here are 4 simple and delicious ways to enjoy spinach with Indian cottage cheese:
1. As a savory side dish: Add chopped spinach to your basic omelet or scramble eggs, bringing some essential vitamins and minerals to the plate.
2. As a filling vegetable dish: Toss chopped spinach with melted butter, salt, and pepper then bake in a preheated oven until tender and bubbly. This hearty side dish is perfect for cold winter evenings when you want something hearty but not heavy.
3. As a quick recipe suggestion: Sauté chopped spinach in a little oil until crispy then top with crumbled feta cheese and roasted tomatoes for an easy, healthy afternoon snack or light lunch option.
4. As a breakfast mashup: Simply mix cooked fresh spinach leaves with boiled eggs, skimmed milk or almond milk, curry powder, salt, black pepper, and shredded cheese for an energizing start to the day
Do you love spinach but hate the taste of traditional cheese? Check out this Indian Inspired rendition of spinach with cottage cheese that’s sure to impress!
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of salt 3 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves (about 8-10 cups)
- ½ cup dry cottage cheese or yogurt
Did you know that spinach is a great source of proteins? In fact, a cup of cooked spinach has roughly 20 grams of protein. Plus, it’s a great source of vitamins A, C and K.
But what can you do with all this protein? Why, make Indian Cottage Cheese of course! This easy-to-make recipe uses cooked spinach and some starter yogurt to create a creamy and delicious cottage cheese. You can customize the dish by adding different spices and herbs, or even serving it over breadsticks or pita bread. Delicious and nutritious, this recipe is perfect for any vegetarian or vegan diet!
- 1. Indian Cottage Cheese is a nutrient-rich and creamy vegan alternative to cow’s milk that is full of vitamins, minerals, protein, and healthy fatty acids.
- 2. The combination of spinach and Indian cottage cheese is a delicious way to get your daily dose of cancer-fighting antioxidants.
- 3. The spinach in this dish provides a significant amount of vitamin A, which is important for cell growth, vision health, and protecting against cancer.
- 4. The calcium in the cottage cheese helps to increase the strength and size of your plants’ leaves, making them more resistant to damaging elements like drought or pests.
- 5. The nutritional richness of this dish will help to support the growth of your plants in all stages, from seed to harvest.
This amazing Spinach and Indian Cottage Cheese dish is nutrient dense, creamy, and delicious! Made with cooked spinach, Indian cheddar cheese, and cream, this is the perfect vegan meal to enjoy any time of year.